Monday, June 2, 2008

The Most Annoying Things in the World
The little things that irritate us on a daily basis are often the most annoying.
I guess I have reached the "Grumpy Old Woman" stage because many things that I didn't
even bother to notice before now annoy me.
Supermarkets People who stand in alleyways in supermarkets and block the way. They don't move to let you through and look at you as though you are some kind of inferior being if you say "Excuse me, please!"
People who push in front of you to get something from a shelf when there are lots there and they could easily get what they want by moving six inches to the left.
Queues in supermarkets are irritating but, oddly enough, I can tolerate them. What I don't like is when there are badly behaved children crawling and climbing all over the place and getting bad tempered because they have to wait. Maybe it isn't the children I should blame here but stupid parents who, seeing their little darling kick you for the fifth time, merely say, "Stop it, darling, that"s not nice!' If you say anything the same parents say, "Stay away from the nasty lady, darling"".
Then there are those who stand beside you in the queues and smell of dirty clothes, BO and other bodily fluids. Yuk! Someone please donate soap, deodorant and washing powder.
In Bars and Cafes
When people take ages choosing what they want and hold everyone else up. Usually they have been sitting there for a while and had plenty of time to choose.
People who eat like pigs and are loud and boorish. It spoils things for everyone else.
Dirty Dog Owners
I have a dog myself but always clean up after him. So when I have to negotiate dog mess left by other people's animals I get annoyed. People who don't control their animals also make me annoyed. I have my dog on a lead and other dogs come running up for a fight. The owners then start complaining if mine retaliates...and he's the one on the lead!
Buses and Trains
People who lack personal hygiene (see supermarket queues above). People who stand up close and touch you! Bags placed on seats so that others have to stand. People who close the windows on red hot days, sneezers, belchers, farters, and noisy school kids!
Kids
I love kids but I can't eat a whole one.

As I've got older I have developed a dislike for most kids. The well behaved ones are fine but disobedient, spoiled, demanding brats get right up my nose! Unfortunately these seem to be around in growing numbers.
Eating

* Other people with disgusting eating habits.
* Dirty cutlery.
* Hot food that's gone cold.
* Finger marks on glasses.
* Lipstick on cups.

....................sounds like a list of Julie Andrews (Un)favourite things...........

No comments: